Financial Aid & Payment Plans
A limited amount of need-based financial aid is available for allocation to domestic families who have submitted applications for admission to Chapelgate Christian Academy (CCA) and to current CCA families whose students are re-registered. CCA desires to exercise wise stewardship by allocating financial aid in a manner that supports the Academy’s Mission Statement: “CCA exists to provide academic excellence in a gospel-centered environment, inspiring and equipping students in knowledge, passion, and faith.” For this reason, it is expected that students whose families receive financial aid awards will be contributing members of the Chapelgate community in these areas: Christian Faith, Academics, Athletics, Fine Arts, Character, and Service
CCA utilizes the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee, which makes recommendations to the school based on the availability of funds.
As a reminder, you must reapply each year for Financial Aid. Once awarded, Financial Aid is not guaranteed to continue each year. To start the process, please do the following:
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time by accessing the link and resuming the application.
- Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided. We recommend that you do not call the school with questions. The FAST helpline will be better equipped to answer your questions.
- There will be a charge assessed by FAST, which must be paid by credit card before submitting your Financial Aid application.
- After completing the online application, you will be required to upload or mail your most recently filed tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2s/1099s to:
Independent School Management
Attn: FAST Processing Center
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
- Financial Aid applications will be accepted for returning families from the first day of open enrollment until the last day of January. Families new to Chapelgate, who are applying for admission to the Academy and wish to be considered for Financial Aid, should apply as early as possible during the application for admissions process because they must be prepared to begin tuition payments by July 20 or within seven (7) days of admission/acceptance. The pool of Financial Aid is limited so families should apply in a timely manner to have an increased chance of being rewarded Financial Aid.
- The online submission will include the current and prior years W-2 and 1099 Forms and the current year tax return. If the current year tax return is not yet completed, the prior year tax return may be submitted followed by the current year after April 15th.
- All families must submit a letter as part of the FAST application which explains why they are requesting aid and to identify and describe the contributions their student(s) will make to benefit the CCA community.
- Applications for financial assistance will not be considered until all requested information has been submitted.
- A delay on your part in providing a complete financial aid package which delays our ability to evaluate your financial aid award, does not delay the start of your tuition payment obligation.
- The maximum amount of Financial Aid that can be awarded to any family is 50%. The Financial Aid awards are applied to the tuition payments only; all fees, including Retreat and Material Fees, are the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- The Tuition Deposit must be made in full and a FACTS account established prior to Financial Aid being applied to an account.
- Once Financial Aid is granted, it is continued only as the family receiving aid keeps up with their monthly payments.
- Families who are behind in making this year’s tuition payments, should submit applications for aid for the upcoming year in time to meet the end of February deadline. This will allow them to be considered for aid for the following year.
- Financial Aid is applied to a family’s account on a monthly basis beginning in July. If a family has not completed their prior year tuition obligation, this would impact the monthly tuition payments required until financial aid can be applied.
- In cases where the applicant is divorced, normally the income and assets of both parents will be considered in the Financial Aid Committee’s review if parents have joint custody. If the custodial parent has remarried, normally the income and assets of the stepparent will be included in the Committee’s review. If someone else is financially responsible for the student, that person should complete the Financial Aid application and explain his/her relationship to the student.
CCA is now working with a third party lender to proved low-interest fixed rate loans for the purpose of assisting families with the cost of their tuition. Please click “Your Tuition Solution” below for more information.
Educational Loan Documents
529 Savings Plan
529 educational savings plans now also allow savings for K-12 tuition expenses. The distribution for K-12 tuition is capped at $10,000 per year per child for expenses incurred beginning January 1, 2018.