A Great Place to Grow!
Welcome to Chapelgate’s Early Childhood Education Programs! Chapelgate Christian Academy (CCA) was established in 1991 with grades 6-9. It has grown greatly over the years and has become a leading private, Christian school in our area. In 2016, CCA celebrated its 25th Anniversary of serving the Central Maryland region.
In more recent years, several people in the church and school community started to develop a vision to add a preschool program to the overall vision of Chapelgate Church and Academy. The program was established in 2013 to serve the Howard County community and beyond by providing a nurturing, developmental program for young children.
In addition to decades of professional experience in education, our teachers have shared the experience of raising our own children. We have a great desire to assist you in the most important task that God gives human beings- raising young ones to know, love and serve Him.
Enrolling fall of 2019, we will have a Kindergarten class and a 1st/2nd grade class!
As a natural continuation of our ministry to the families we have been serving and to new students, a K thru 2nd-grade program is the latest expansion for CCA’s Early Childhood Education Program.
As a Christian Early Education program, we strive first and foremost to model Christ’s love to our young charges. There will be developmentally appropriate activities to teach and reinforce the academic areas that they will encounter in their later schooling. We use our own Bible curriculum throughout the programs.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”Matthew 19:14
We utilize multiple curriculums to enhance our programs at each level.
- Our two-year-old teachers use “Doors to Discovery”.
- Our three-year-old teachers use “Scholastic’s Big Day for Pre K” curriculum.
- We utilize a STEAM curriculum for our four-year-old learners as they prepare for Kindergarten here at Chapelgate Lower School.
- Our Kindergarten through Second Grade teachers use a myriad of curricula and materials including the Journals Reading Program and Math U See.
Preparing for Success
Chapelgate Preschool, as part of a larger school organization, is in a wonderful position to provide students with many unique resources to prepare them for Kindergarten and beyond.
- We have one to three high school students assisting the teachers throughout the day. These teacher aides, always under the direct supervision of teachers, provide the opportunity for more one on one interaction with the preschool students.
- Our Drama, Humanities and Middle School classes perform skits and puppet shows and read children’s literature as part of their own curriculum, much to the delight of our young learners!
- We have access to the science projects and experiments of the middle and high school science programs. Examples include visits with classroom pets and observing the process of chicks.
- Over 60 acres of land to explore & enjoy on campus.